Do you use your Facebook account to authorize in different websites? Do you like to take quizzes and lotteries at Facebook pages? If answer in the affirmative at least on one of these questions, you should know: your personal data is being read by others people. We will tell you how to struggle against this.
Authorization in different applications and services via Facebook is really convenient thing. You don’t need to create and remember tens of different passwords. You just enter your login and password from Facebook and that is all. True, several windows with incomprehensible permissions and warnings appear after that. But you can quickly get rid of them with clicking OKAY button.
Most of users act exactly in this way and absolutely do not go deep into what application requests and what information it will get. However not all services are equally useful — some of them can take advantage of your credulity and thus overhear and spy upon you.
Especially regarding different quizzes, which are so popular in Facebook. Just look at one of such service. How can you resist such temptation?
Of course, to take any quiz you need to give access to your account. So, we do it very fast, because we cannot wait of getting results from this digital However, like in case of true fortune-teller you will not get any truth. Because it is just bait, which serves in order to get your most valuable things – your personal data.
Here is an example, what data one of such applications can get from your Facebook account:
- Public profile data: Name Surname, profile picture, age, gender and other public info
- Friend list
- Email address
- Your posts, posts you’re tagged in and the posts people make on your Timeline
- Photos uploaded by you and photos you’re tagged in
Generally speaking, such applications gets almost total access to all data of Facebook user. In the past, hackers spent weeks and month for gathering such information. But now we give all the data by ourselves in exchange for stupid quiz!
To avoid such situation, just follow these steps:
1. Open pulldown in right corner in Facebook and choose Settings.
2. Select Apps in Settings page.
3. You will see the list of last authorized applications and services. To see all of them, click “Show all”.
4. Look through the whole list and delete unnecessary apps and services by clicking “X” button near relevant app. Leave only those names you remember and those which are instill confidence.
5. If you are not sure, click on “Pencil” beside the app and customize permissions to each app individually.
6. Save this instruction and share it with your socio-active friends.
And do not tell: “I do nothing bad. I have nothing to hide”. All these actions are made not in order to know your secrets. You just will getting spam, strange messages, where someone will addressing you by Name Surname etc. In addition, is it pleasant when someone spy upon all your actions?